What are public waters?
- The sea between the coastline as defined in Item 4 of Paragraph 1 of Article 6 of the ‘Acton the Establishment, Management, Etc. of Spatial Data’ and the outer boundary of Exclusive Economic Zone under the provisions of the Exclusive Economic Zone Act
- The sea between the coastline as defined in Item 4 of the Paragraph 1 of the Article 6 of the ‘Acton the Establishment, Management, Etc. of Spatial Data’ and the region registered in the public cadastral register
- Rivers, lakes, ditches and other water surfaces or water flows that ares used for public purpose and owned by government
Concept and Purpose of Occupation and Use of Public Waters
It is granting a right to exclusively use a natural public object used by unspecified mass to a specific entity. Its purpose is to enhance public interest by preserving and managing to keep the public waters continuously usable and seek the proper protection and efficient usage.
- Head of Regional Office of Ocean and Fisheries
- The Exclusive Economic Zone areas according to the Article 2 of the Exclusive Economic Zone Act
- Occupation and use of public waters within the boundary of a national trade port defined in Item 1 of Paragraph 2 of Article 3 of the Harbor Act
- Head of si, gun and gu office: Other public waters