- There is a risk of contamination of marine resources and environment when the sea, which is the public property of all citizens, when it is developed and checked without control.
- As there is much effort and cost needed for restoration and improvement of contaminated sea, there is a need for systematic measures to prevent environmental pollution.
⇒ The sea area utilization consultation (evaluation) scheme is operated to minimize or eliminate the negative impact factors by predicting/evaluating the impact of development.
- Legal ground : Articles 84~95 of the Marine Environment Management Act
- Procedure : Generation of Statement of Sea Area Utilization Consultation (Assessment) by the business and responsible agency → Review and consultation of the Generation of Statement of Sea Area Utilization Consultation (Assessment by the consulting organization → Reflection of consulting opinion in the business plan (business and responsible agency) → Post project management (responsible agency and consulting organization)
- Type : It is divided into the simple sea area utilization consultation, general sea area utilization consultation and sea area utilization impact assessment according to the size of development project.
- (Low impact) Simple sea area utilization consultation ↔ General sea area utilization consultation ↔ Sea area utilization impact assessment (high impact)
- Target : Development and utilization projects working in sea area such as public waters
- Occupation/utilization and reclamation of public waters, construction or ports, gathering of marine aggregates, development of marine resources, etc.
Comparison of Sea Area Utilization Consultation and Sea Area Utilization Assessment
|Subject||Sea Area utilization Consultation||Sea Area Utilization Impact Assessment|
|Legal Ground||Article 84 of the Marine Environment Management Act||Article 85 of the Marine Environment Act|
|Main Functions||Review of marine environmental impact on marine utilization/development projects and assurance of suitability of sea area utilization||(Same as left)|
|Time of Consultation||Before the execution plan is approved for project implementation after finalization of administrative plan||(Same as left)|
|Target of Consultation||Local utilization and reclamation or public waters, fishing license, etc.
* (Simple consultation) small scale utilization
|Dumping in the sea, unauthorized collection of sea aggregates, development of marine resources, etc.|
|Agency Requesting Consultation||Agency approving the development projects||(Same as left)|
|Document Needed||Statement of Sea Area Utilization Consultation||Statement of Sea Area Utilization Assessment|
|Document Generated by||Business or responsible agency
* Generation by the assessing party allowed
* Generation by the assessing party needed
|Collection of Opinions||No collection of legal opinions||Public display for residents, public hearing, briefing, etc.|
|Consulting Agency||MOOF : Utilization/development projects under the jurisdiction of central administration
ROOF : Other cases
|(Same as left)|
|Period of Consultation||Within 30 days||Within 45 days|
Responsible department : Dept. of Marine Environment / TEL: 063)441-2265